The sealer of choice for over 30 years, ANCHORSEAL® creates a wax barrier that protects against end checking and costly degrade in freshly sawn lumber. ANCHORSEAL® is known in the forest products industry as the best quality and most stable wax emulsion end sealer available.
When applied immediately after sawing,
- Prevents up to 90% or more of end checking (drying splits)
- Reduces losses: Conserves resources and improves yield
- Can help reduce blue stain in logs
- Similar in viscosity to latex paint, ANCHORSEAL® is easily brushed, wiped or sprayed on.
- When applied it will look like white paint, but will dry clear to a wax-like finish
- Available in 1-quart (AS1Q) and 1-gallon (AS1G) cans
How Much Do I Need?
One quart covers roughly 25 square feet and one gallon covers approximately 100 square feet of end-surface-area, depending upon application method. So calculating the surface area for the ends for 5/4×6 decking, 12 boards will cover approximately 1 square foot. Total up the number of boards you are using:
- 300 boards or less, purchase 1 quart
- 300-600 boards, purchase 2 quarts
- 600+ boards, purchase 1 gallon (more cost effective!)
So one quart will go a long way for the average deck project! Contractors may want to consider in purchasing in larger quantities for regular use.
How to Order ANCHORSEAL® End Sealer
Please call us toll-free at 1-866-381-4072 to discuss your project and place your order. We stock the standard AnchorSeal® in quart containers (AS1Q) but we can also place a special order for you if you need larger amounts or ANCHORSEAL2® (AS2). You may also contact us through our web form.